Barnet Consutling - ECI Telecom Transport Services
Case Study: Access and Transport Network
Role: Technical Pre-Sale and Head of Customer Network
I. ECI’s Product Evolution Studies
I’ve conducted extensive marketing and R&D studies in effort to integrate ECI’s products to the Service Provider’s infrastructure and services. This includes:
- Design and deployment of transport network (CWDM/DWDM), network simulation, operation and manage life cycle for the following SPs: AT&T, France Telecom, Belgacom, SingTel, Tycom, Bezeq, Cellcom, Pelephone, Mirs, Barak,….
- Design and deployment of access networks (xDLC, Ethernet, FTTx, PON and GPON).
- Study of hardware architecture for Cross-Connect switch/router, IP/Ethernet, Access/Edge, which includes: VLSI/FPGA/ASIC, network processors, distributed switching matrix, and content aware processes
- Study of software architecture for performance monitoring, end-to-end QoS
II Customer Network Studies
I’ve studied designed, planed, simulated, analyzed, configured, scale, cost and optimization. This includes:
- Study of customer network strategic planning; customer services evolution, equipment replacement ROI, configuration, engineering and construction, cost/performance analysis, performance measures and process reengineering, make-vs.-buy decisions, technology deployment, workforce management, organization and executive management, network scaling and network operations and management (OSS/BSS/NMS)
- Design and evolution as well as product compatibility of wireless network (2G, 3G, GPRS and 4G), RAN and backhaul network optimization.
III. Standards Organization Contribution
I’ve contributed to the following standards organization: ITU-T, TMF, eTOM, IETF, and IEEE 802.11x
IV. Protocols Work Engagement: IP, TCP, UDP, RTP, BGP, OSPF, RIP, IS-IS, SNMP, MPLS, CORBA, CMIP, CMIS, and meta-languages (HTTP, XML)